Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not a Practicing Homosexual

My best friend and I had a conversation the other day about some issues that continue to be brought up by certain members of my extended family and their hyperconcern about the fact that I am gay and yet, for example, I served as a pallbearer at a Catholic funeral for my aunt.

He said, "it's okay to be gay and Catholic -- what they get upset about is 'practicing the act'."

Okay, I get it. I'll just tell them that "I am not a practicing homosexual."

After more than 16 years with my one-and-only man, I don't need to practice. [giggle]

Life is short: maintain your sense of humour, and if you are like me and don't have one, surround yourself with those who do!

2 comments:

Tef said...

ROFL!

All repeat after me:

"After more than 16 years with my one-and-only man, I don't need to practice."

Leading contender for Best Post of 2009!

Rich--MaineBootMan said...

It's just like my favorite philosphy said, "Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive."

--Bugs Bunny