Saturday, December 12, 2009

Not Always Leather

Someone sent me an email which I found amusing. He asked, "do you always wear leather?"

Ummm... no. I do wear it often, around the house and around the community on my own time, when I am riding my Harley, and when I just feel like it. It is warm and comfortable to me. However, I have to wear "business casual" clothes to work, and on occasion, even a dreaded jacket & tie. Fortunately, those occasions are rare.

I always wear boots when awake: at work, at home, everywhere. I do not own a pair of shoes.

But this picture attests, I do have comfortable clothes made of materials other than leather (LOL!) -- Wranglers, flannel shirt, etc. This is typical attire I wear when I am doing construction, repair, and yard work, mostly.

This photo was taken just before I took off to attend a public hearing in my community. Just normal comfy clothes for the community leader I am. Thank goodness I am a volunteer, so I do not have to conform to dress codes of the attorneys who testify along side me. They're stuck in a confining suit & tie at these hearings -- and dress shoes. Yuck.

What boots am I wearing? These are my Chippewa non-steel toe engineer boots. So light on the feet and very comfortable. I got them from Stompers of San Francisco (where else?) Mike, the Owner of Stompers, got a special order of tall Chippewa Engineer Boots without steel toes. Stompers is the only place that sells them. I wear my pair of these often, 'cause they make great work boots and don't get hot and heavy.

Life is short: Boot up!

No comments: